Saturday, June 23, 2012

Time on the Road


History Meets the Arts Preview Party
 Funny how busy life seems to get as I tack on the years. June was never one of those "busy" months unless you include the time I spent fishing. This month seems to be passing by in a blur, though I'm not complaining.
Last week, I had the privilege of displaying my work in Gettysburg during the History Meets the Arts show. My host was the Lord Nelson's Gallery and the event was a huge success. I was fortunate to spend some time with the likes of John Buxton, Robert Griffing, and Michael Godfrey. It was a wonderful experience. Of course preparation in the days leading up to the event, travel time, and the five days I spent there wipe out about ten days where I just don't get any painting done.
Green Heron Study by Jim Coe
Later this month, I'll be on the road again. This time travelling to paint with my good friend, Jim Coe. I'll get lots of easel time while I'm there, but very little (if any) work on potential finished product. We'll be working on some plein air pieces and spending some time in Jim's studio. I learned a lot the last time I worked with Jim and I'm sure this trip will be no different.

No comments: