Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Small Progress, Big Painting

As I move forward on this large 20x30 painting, I celebrate the little victories. Above, I've included an image of a 8x12 section of the painting I've been working on for the past couple of days. I'm happy to see the brush forming along the water's edge and the accompanying reflections. I'm also pleased with my handling of all those tiny little twigs and the way they read better as contiguous large forms of color rather than thousands of singular brush strokes. As larger paintings go, this one is coming together rather quickly... especially considering the complex forms involved. There's still much to be done, but for now... I am happy :)







2 comments:

Ray Brown said...

like you, I am loving the paint quality on this so far. I also love the muted colors. Will they stay that way?

Jim Bortz said...

Yeah, this painting calls for a rather limited selection of hues. I always adjust the colors a bit right at the end, but it will remain mostly as is.