Saturday, May 28, 2011

We're Back!!!





It's been a while since my last blog post. Seems there have been some problems with the Blogspot site for the past several weeks. Let's hope everything has been resolved!



In the meantime, I've been able to work a new painting from start to finish. This is an exciting time in my career as an artist. As I constantly think of fresh approaches to my work, the task of breaking away from my comfort zone is not an easy one. The “loose and painterly” background in this painting is something I struggle with on a regular basis. By paying close attention to my oil painting colleagues, I’ve learned a few things about making this type of brushwork look more painterly and less sloppy (as were my early efforts). It’s also a challenge to pull this off with the quick drying quality of traditional acrylic paints, so working quickly is imperative. This is also my first falcon painting and I wanted to the title to reflect the high speed potential of the fastest animal on earth. "Latent Velocity" 12x9 acrylic on board.


No comments: