Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

It was far too nice a day yesterday to stay couped up in the studio. Finally, I got everything that needed to be done out of the way... and bolted for the rest of the afternoon. My dad and I went to one of our "secret" mushroom spots and put a few miles on our boots. Of course, I spent more time poking around looking for frogs and wildflowers than mushrooms, but we found our share. I nearly always have my camera with me, so I shot plenty of photos. I think some wildflower paintings are in order!
It's funny how my mind wanders while I meander through the forest (and through life). I find myself drawn to splashes of color like a raven to shiny sliver of tin foil... composing paintings on the hoof... and completely losing focus of the task at hand. I'm quite confident I walked right by most of the morels before I realized I wasn't "looking."
Tonight I'm making dinner... morels stuffed with spinach and ricotta. I can hardly wait.

No comments: