Monday, January 18, 2010

January Thaw

I decided to take advantage of the afternoon sunshine today and spend some time outdoors. I visited a new bald eagle nest nearby, but the eagles were nowhere to be seen. I waited a while for them to return, but I was not in the proper frame of mind to sit and do nothing. With the eagles firmly on the back burner, I concentrated on smaller... more manageable subjects. Woodpeckers and nuthatches were seemingly everywhere. The flurry of activity made me wonder if they were enjoying the sun as much as me.


I was hoping to get some good shots of chickadees as well, but they always seem to know. I've had them literally land on the bill of my cap while standing near a feeding station... but once the camera is in my hands, they prove quite elusive for me. Even when they are in camera range, they never sit still long enough for me to frame a shot and fire the shutter!

No comments: